Tuesday, March 10, 2009

There's something going on in these Plauged Lands....

As of late, the toll of constant conflict has begun to wear upon my spirit. Seeking replenishment and solace in the Light, I ventured forth to a place that had been a place of comfort to me in the past, the Tomb of Uther the Lightbringer. As I approached this most sacred of places, the clash of steel and the distinct sounds of battle came to my ear from amongst the ruins of the town of Andorhal. I spurred my war ram, Percival, forward. (Yes, my Battle Charger is named Percival. I do not want to hear any jokes. My AXE also doesn't want to hear any...understand?)

As I swept into the ruins of that once prosperous little township, I came upon the remains of what appeared to be three warriors, now being devoured by the undead that plague the former lands of Lorderon. I quickly called upon the cleansing power of the light, and struck down the undead filth. As I knelt beside the body of the fallen warriors, I murmured a quick prayer to the light. No one deserves to die in such a manner. As I stood up, I noticed a glint in the ash on the ground. I picked it up, and realized that it was a signet ring, bearing the mark of the Scarlet Crusade.

What were Crusaders doing here? I was under the impression that most of the fanatics had withdrawn to the far reaches of the Plagued Lands, far to the east, to their Citadel of Tyr's Hand. As a follower of the Light, I can understand a loathing for the Undead. I can understand the Scarlet Crusade's desire to destroy them. I, myself, share this loathing. What I cannot understand is the Crusaders need to persecute the innocent in their hunt for evil. I must find out what the Crusaders are doing in the ruins of Andorhal.

As I rode through the once beautiful forests of Lorderon, searching for the Crusaders camp, I camp upon something much more ominous....

The Crusaders had tortured them, and branded their bodies with the mark of the Crusade before hanging them, and leaving their bodies hanging as a warning to all who would stand against them.




I will always hunt the Undead. Scourage, mindless undead or the free 'Forsaken' allied with the Orcish hordes are all the same to me. They are all unnatural, and must be removed. But above this desire to rid the world of this undead plauge, there is something more that drives me. I must protect the innocent. I must defend the defenceless. I must protect people from my former brothers, and their twisted zealotry. I must end the menace of the Scarlet Crusade.


















No comments:

Post a Comment